I thought saving the planet, taking recyclable bags to the supermarket with you or purchasing environmentally friendly shopping bags at the store were all the go these days.. you know.. the right thing to do...
But thing i did not realise was, that some stores seem to see this as their way of making a quick buck.... thus where this vent begins.
I had a zillion things to do today, on my day off. (like usual) Sully has yet to be equipped with my enviro-bags and being in a hurry to get the kids to school and Kiera & I to the senior campus to organise her classes for next year, i totally forgot to chuck the enviro bags in... While i dont like to leave home without them, i know that coles will supply the yucky bad for the environment plastic bags (which i put in with the enviro-bags and use over and over til they fall appart) so half way up the road i thought that today, i would just go with the plastic option. I knew that i had to go to Aldi first so i thought, yep, i will just buy a plastic bag. Afterall, i have seen them advertised at the check out for 15c each. Not too bad i guess in a pinch.
Armed with all the things i wanted in the supermarket que i reached down and pulled out a plastic bag from the shelf... a fully biodegradable, corn starch made bag that will break down over a week in the compost. Awesome! I am not being so bad to the enviroment after all... right!? Right!
So... why is it that when i check out the receipt, I discover that my "saving the planet, you beaut, break down in a week" bag cost me 79c ...
SO NOT COOL!
It is a bag...big deal!!!! Deal with it hear you say.... normally i would, though today i just decided that i would question the dude who served me. There was an option when i picked up the bag, of either plastic bag for 15c or cooler bag for $1 (something). Do the math... that is 64c difference than what the tag said.
The dude is quick to inform me that i chose an environment safe bag... not a plastic bag.. what the!? The plastic bags were tucked at the back of the enviro bags.. since when did saving the earth become the more expensive option!?
I thought the whole idea of envrio friendly ones was to help people make the right choice! People are not going to help the enviroment if they have to pay so much more for the option!
Thursday, August 06, 2009
wrong wrong wrong..SOOOOOO NOT COOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, nice vent hun. Im not into "saving the environment" like all these tree hugging hippies. Because of such people Im not aloud to have rose petals, a red carpet, MUSIC, any sort of amplification in a national park for my wedding and yet... Wait for it... We had to pay 300 something bux to get married there and that doesnt even gaurantee us a spot where we want.
Sorry, that was my rant. Hope you're well. xx
I am keeping up..catching up. I am here...*panting*
Don't ya just love all those plastic bags flying like kites and landing in trees and waving at you all winter?
I recycle cans and bottles and newspapers and cardboard. Because where I live..I can. You take it to the recycle bin and dump it in. You don't get paid for it. I think in places they do.
Oh...I love your Sully! Sounds kinda like our "Dingo" aka known as Durango.
Matt is just full of surprises isn't He?
Love ya,
*hugging*
Hey, it's me again. On August 20th. I came back to check on you. Where are ya?
*leaving hugs laying around to grab ya from hidden and sneaky places*
Love ya,
Post a Comment